Friday, May 13, 2011

Times are changin'...

I would first like to say that I am so unbelievably thankful for my children. They are loud, messy & very time consuming but if at any point in my life I was given the chance to take them back & start over...my answer would be immediate, there's no way in the world I would take Keaton, Paisley or the new baby back. 
NEVER.
To all you Momma's out there that center your children as the main priority in your life, put yourself along with everything else 2nd to them & try your hardest not to complain but rather see how amazing every single day with them in it is...you go girl! Never let anyone...stranger or 'best friend' make you feel as if you don't deserve to step out of the house, go to the store without the gang with you or {heaven forbid} go out to eat & enjoy yourself after a long week of being home with the kids.  The people that are going to treat you like this or make you feel guilty for needing a little alone time are not worth being around & obviously don't understand what it's like to be a parent. & one day when/if they ever do, regret will eat them alive for ever thinking that they deserved to have an opinion about anyone elses parenting or ways of dealing with the stress that naturally comes along with having someone else to worry about other then yourself.
This is a lesson that I am unfortunately having to learn the hard way. But it's ok...I'm gonna come out the other end of this stronger then ever. It just goes to show that whether you've been friends for years, married into the same family or have only known each other for a few weeks, people are going to hurt you....& your going to hurt them at times. It's all about drawing lines & coming to understandings. Sometimes not even that works tho & you end up throwing away a life long friendship. In my case, it's gonna be absolutely worth it to wash my hands clean of the person that has caused me to 2nd guess myself & how I feel about the best things in my life. The times are changin' and sometimes saying goodbye is better then killin' yourself to hold on.

No comments:

Post a Comment